The objective of Hearts dice game is to be the first player to score 100 points by rolling 6 six-sided dice.
No Of Players: 2 or more players
Hearts dice is played with 6 special dice which has letters (H, E, A, R, T, S) in stead of pips. In case special dice is not available, the game can also be played with standard dice with pips on it. In standard dice, numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) would be equivalent to (H, E, A, R, T, S) in same sequence.
A scoresheet is required to keep track of players’ scores after each round.
Roll all 6 dice to decide. Player rolling highest total goes first. If special dice is rolled then use standard dice equivalent of (H, E, A, R, T, S) to calculate total. In case of a tie re-roll.
Hearts Dice Game Play:
Players take turn clockwise to roll all their dice and score as per the following rules
- In each round player rolls all 6 dice once. Players need to roll dice in a sequence of numbers in increasing order (starting from 1 or H) to score for that round.
- Valid sequences and points scored for those sequeneces are as following
- 1-2 (H-E) – 5 Points
- 1-2-3 (H-E-A) – 10 Points
- 1-2-3-4 (H-E-A-R) – 15 Points – 20 Points
- 1-2-3-4-5 (H-E-A-R-T) – 25 Points
- 1-2-3-4-5-6 (H-E-A-R-T-S) – 30 Points
- If players does not roll any of the valid sequence, then points scored for that round is zero.
- Turn is passed to next player in clockwise manner after each roll.
- The first player to score 100 (or a predetermined score) wins the game.
- There are some optional rules which cab also be used in the game
- 4 H (or 1) doubles player’s overall score after points for the current round is added to overall score.
- 4 S (or 6) resets player’s overall score to zero.