The objective of Dire Straights dice game is to score maximum points by rolling 6 six-sided dice.
Alternate Names: The Runs, Run for it
No Of Players: 2 or more players
6 six-sided dice and a scoresheet
Roll one die to decide. Player rolling highest number goes first. In case of a tie re-roll.
Dire Straights Dice Game Play:
Players take turn clockwise to roll all their dice and score as per the following rules
- In each round player starts with rolling all 6 dice. Players need to roll dice in a sequence of numbers in increasing order (starting from 1) to start scoring for the round.
- Valid sequences are as following
- If players can not roll any of the valid sequence they must at least roll three of a kind in order to be able to roll again.
- If players don’t roll any of the sequence or three of a kind, then their turn is over and they score zero for the turn. Turn is then passed to the next player.
- If players roll any sequence then they can set aside the dice forming the sequence and then roll again to increase the sequence. For ex, if they roll 1,2, 5, 5, 6, 6, they can keep 1, 2 and roll remaining dice hoping to roll 3, 4 etc to make a larger sequence.
- In each roll only one sequence can be set aside. For ex, if players roll 1, 2, 1, 2, 4, 5 then they can only set aside 1, 2 and can roll 4 remaining dice.
- If players decide to continue rolling in order to make a larger set, they must at least roll one number to increase the sequence else they lose all points scored for the current turn. For ex, if players roll 1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 6, set aside 1, 2 then roll remaining 4 dice they must at least roll a 3 to continue with the previous sequence. If they don’t then they lose the points scored for 1, 2 as well.
- If players complete a sequence from 1 to 6 in one or multiple rolls, they can again start with rolling all 6 dice in same turn.
- In case players decide to stop rolling, they score 5 points for each dice in the sequence made so far. For ex, if they rolled 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 6, then they will score 20 points.
- If players roll four 2s then they lose all points for current turn as well as their overall score. This rule is optional.
- Players take turn clockwise to roll and score. The first player to reach to a total of 100 points wins the game.
Learn Dire Straights/Run for it/The Runs dice game by playing (click box below to load the game)
Click here to open the game on mobile.