Aces in the Pot is a simple game played with 2 dice and 2 counters (chips, coins etc.). The objective of the game is to win the pot by becoming the only player with a counter in your hand at the end of the game. Aces refer to a 1 on the dice.
No Of Players:
2 or more players
All players start with 2 counters and a pot is kept at the center.
First turn is decided by roll of one die. The player rolling highest die starts the game.
Aces in the Pot Game Play:
Players take turn (clockwise) rolling two dice. The rules are as following
- If player rolls a 1 (an Ace), then he/she puts one of his/her counters in the pot.
- In case two 1’s (two Aces) are rolled by the player, then put both counters in the pot (or whatever is remaining if the player only has one counter left).
- If player rolls a 6, then he/she passes one counter to the player on the left (look clockwise).
- In case two 6’s are rolled by the player, then pass two counters to the player on the left (or whatever is remaining if the player only has one counter left).
- If player only has one counter left and he/she rolls a 1 and 6, then counter goes to the pot.
- If a number other than 1 and 6 is rolled then nothing is done. Simply pass turn to the next player (clockwise).
- If a player loses all counters then he/she can not roll and should simply pass on his/her turn.
- Players never get out of the game since they can get a counter anytime when other player to the right rolls a 6.
- Play continues in this way till only one player is left with counter(s) (one or more). At that point this player needs to make 3 consecutive rolls and should not roll a 6 to win. Aces are not considered at this point so player does not have to put any counter in the pot. If player rolls a 6 at this point, he/she needs to pass the counter to the player on the left and then next player should try to make 3 consecutive rolls without a 6 to win (only if the player who passed counter(s) does not still have one or more counters left, otherwise normal play resumes).
Play Aces in the Pot game below to check action for a particular roll (click box below to load the game)
Click here to open the game on mobile.